President Uhuru Kenyatta COVID-19 directives in a national address reviewed a raft of new measures aimed at curbing the soaring Covid-19 cases.
Below are the directives in brief;
1) All cabinet secretaries, CAS and PS to scale down personal engagements in govt and use virtual l means where possible.
2) All state and public officer s above 58 yrs to work remotely
3) All classes for examinations to continue under heightened measures, other classes to resume in Jan 2021
4) MPs to help strengthen measures to reopen schools in 2021 through NGAAF and CDF… Facemasks, handwashing points etc
5) All political gatherings and rallies suspended for the next 60 days. Any such meetings to be done in town halls. All covid19 protocols to be observed
6) Min of interior to coordinate and enforce all covid protocols
7) Nationwide curfew extended to 3rd Jan 2021
8) Beginning tonight, curfew to be between 10 PM to 4 AM
9) All bars and restaurants to close by 9 PM
10) All hotel operators, eateries and bars to ensure MoH guidelines and failure will result in a shutdown
11) Religious gatherings stand at ⅓ MoH guidelines remain in force
12) County governments to maintain isolation facilities in the state of preparedness
13) Where there’s an upsurge of cases, national govt will consult and issue localised guidelines and restrictions
14) Counties to ensure the mandatory wearing of masks and personal responsibility. No Mask, No Service