Are you looking to stop auto-renewal data bundles on Safaricom or premium SMS and promotions that consume your airtime without your permission?
In this article, we have provided an easy guide on how you can completely stop unwanted subscription services from using your airtime instantly.
Deactivating Safaricom promotional messages.
- Go to phone or dialer application
- Dial *100# if you are a prepaid customer or *200# for post-pay
- Run the USSD code by tapping the call button
- The menu will appear on-screen
- Reply with 3; which is the Products and Services
- In the next menu reply with 98 for MORE to go to the next page of that menu.
- For prepaid customers, reply with 10; for a postpaid reply with 8. These options should read Stop Safaricom Promotion SMS. You will receive a pop-up message reading, ‘do you wish to continue receiving SMS information on Safaricom offers and promotions?’
- Reply with 1 for No.
- You will receive a pop-up notification thereafter to confirm your opting out from Safaricom promotion messages.
Unsubscribing from third-party promotion messages.
- Dial *456#
- Click on call to run the USSD code
- Press 9 to STOP
- Reply with 5 for PROMOTIONAL MESSAGES
- Click 1 to STOP
- Enter the sender’s name.
Alternatively, dial *456*9*5*1# to skip to the last step of entering the sender’s name.