This is a step by step guide on how to replace a Safaricom line or SIM card. One may opt to replace his/her Safaricom line due to various reasons such as lost or damaged SIM card or need to upgrade to the new Safaricom 4G SIM card.
There are various ways by which you can replace a Safaricom line, either by yourself or by simply visiting any Safaricom shop, authorized dealer or any Mpesa agent. This article will mainly focus on how you can replace a Safaricom line by yourself.
Safaricom Line Replacement ( by yourself)
- Safaricom SIM replacement card. The card can be purchased at any Safaricom dealer at a cost of Ksh 50 for a prepaid line. It is free for a postpaid line.
- Old Safaricom line number or phone number.
- Original SIM PIN.
- The method will only work for Safaricom subscribers with active Mpesa accounts. Therefore you need to have an active Mpesa account.
- Insert the new SIM card on your phone.
- Dial *180*1*Phone number*Original Pin*IMSI#
- Example, *180*1*0712345678*0000*IMSI#.
- The process will however take some time before being successful.
Method 2 (Via Customer Care)
- Call Safaricom customer care by dialing 100 or contact them via their social media handles such as on Twitter or Facebook.
- The customer care representatives will ask you some questions for identification and verification purposes.
- Ensure you have your new SIM replacement card.
- Give them the requested details such as the serial number of the new SIM card (SIM replacement card), your PIN and phone number.
- The customer care representatives will guide you accordingly if you get stuck.
Alternatively, if you find the methods listed above to be difficult, you can visit any Safaricom shop or authorised dealer for assistance. Safaricom shops are available countrywide, in almost all major towns in Kenya.
Prepay: Call 100 or 0722 002 100.
Postpay: Call 200 or 0722 002 200.
Twitter: @Safaricom_Care/ @SafaricomPLC.