NHIF provides members with an opportunity to choose or change their NHIF Hospital Online to their preferred outpatient facility.
Once you choose or change a preferred facility you will not be able to get your medical services paid by NHIF from ANY other hospital.
In the situation where you might need to change your preferred outpatient medical facility or hospital; NHIF allows you to do so twice a year.
How to choose NHIF Hospital Online
- Go to NHIF Self-care Online Portal
- Input your National ID Number
- You will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on your phone
- Enter the OTP and click to verify
- Tap on the facilities tab on the homepage
- Select the county the facility is located
- Choose or change a Nhif hospital to the one you prefer
- Repeat the process for each and every dependant
Alternatively, you can also choose or change your preferred NHIF Outpatient Facility via;
- NHIF USSD Code *155#
- NHIF Mobile App (MyNHIF)