You can now book for train tickets online anytime in Kenya at your own convenience and Pay with MPesa and get your booking confirmed in real-time.
How to book SGR train online
- Go to metickets.krc.co.ke
- Select your preferred train (Madaraka Express for the afternoon or SGR intercounty for morning travel)
- Select your starting station i.e Mombasa, Athi River, Emali, Kibwezi, Miaseny, Mariakani, Mtito Andei, Voi or Nairobi.
- Type in or Select your desired destination (Nairobi, Voi, Mtito Andei, Mariakani, Miaseny, Kibwezi, Emali, Athi River or Mombasa).
- Designate or select the travel date
- Select the coach type and indicate the number of passengers
- Enter the passenger details.
- Select the payment option (Mpesa)
How To buy SGR Tickets Via USSD Code (Safaricom)
- Dial *639#
- Select the desired train (County Train – Morning or Express Train – Afternoon)
- Follow the steps provided
- After you’ve made the payment an Mpesa confirmation message will be sent
- You will get an Account Number on your SMS
- Thereafter, at the station you will print the ticket(s) using your mobile and account number.
SGR Kenya contacts
P.O Box 30121-00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
Telephone numbers for SGR booking contacts Mombasa and Nairobi SGR booking contacts; 0728603582/ 0728603581/ 0708572574/0708571587
Website link; www.krc.co.ke
Email address; firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter handle; @KenyaRailways
Facebook page; Kenya Railways